Common Core App

Friday, February 21, 2014

Opinion Writing (FREEBIE)
 
Spring is on the way! Yay! I love warmer weather. It already makes me think about all the insects we begin to see as the weather warms up. Why not connect this with an opinion writing and have students give their opinions about whether they like bees or ladybugs better and why they chose that insect. This provides a great opportunity to read some nonfiction texts to learn information about each insect before writing about which insect they like better and telling why they like it better. It's great to make a word web or chart giving information for each insect or even a Venn Diagram to compare the two insects.
 
Here is a FREEBIE to get your students motivated to write.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Opinion-Writing-bees-and-ladybugs-FREEBIE-1126304
 
I hope your students enjoy writing their opinions about these two insects.
 
If you would like more opinion writing topics, I have many more available in my TPT Store and some listed below. Feel free to take a look and I appreciate you stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And many more including snacks, sweets, holidays, seasons, and colors to name a few in my
 
LIKE my FACEBOOK PAGE to be notified of many
FLASH FREEBIES!
 
I hope you find something you can use.
 
Thanks again for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment