Common Core App

Friday, December 11, 2015

Gingerbread Man Activities (Kindergarten)

My students had a BLAST with these gingerbread man activities! We read five different versions of the Gingerbread Man and compared the different versions. They loved it! 



My students also wrote to retell the beginning, middle, and ending of the Gingerbread Man! I thought they did an awesome job! Here are books two students created. 


I love her speech bubble saying, "Don't open the door" on her cover page. 


The woman cooked a gingerbread man.


The gingerbread man went out the door. All of the people ran after him. (Can't catch me, I am the gingerbread man.)


The fox gobbled the gingerbread man up! 

I thought she did a super job. She even made her own little ending! I love it!


I love the bright colors on the cover page of this book. We talk about making our covers bright and catchy so that someone would want to read our story.


The woman made a gingerbread man!


He hopped out of the oven. He went to the door. And he went to open the door. All of the people chased him! He kept on running.


The fox tricked him! Everybody was sad. The fox ate him!

I love reading their stories. They wrote these completely independently, and I am proud of the great authors they are becoming.

We also added some math as we sequenced numbers 11-20 with gingerbread cookies. They loved coloring their gingerbread cookies and putting them in order.



Aren't they precious? I love how this student made it so colorful!


They all did such a great job putting them in order. 


Gingerbread Cookie - Numbers (0-20) and Number Words (zero


This pack also has numbers 0-10 and number words zero-ten included to provide for differentiation! A colored set is also included for a great math center! 

We also made these cute gingerbread headbands to wear to lunch today. This was a huge hit! 


This is a cute activity from The Education Center. They did such a great job coloring their headband pieces. 

We have more gingerbread activities planned for next week. 

I hope you and your students are able to have some gingerbread FUN! 

Hang in there! Only 5 more days for me before CHRISTmas break! How about you?

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment