Common Core App

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Progress Through the Year! (PK-2) Back to School and End of Year!

It's so much fun looking back through student work samples and comparing their work from the beginning of their school year to their work at the end of the year. It is amazing to see their progress. I think that's why I love teaching kindergarten so much. I think kindergarten teachers see more progress than any other grade level in any particular year. 

This “Back to School: Progress Through the Year” pack is great for showing student progress throughout the school year in many areas. It shows progress in coloring, name writing, drawing self, family, and house, writing ABC’s and numbers, and drawing a picture and writing about it (writing pages include plain lines and dotted lines). 



Each area (skill) has 3 pages for the first and last days of school and a page that can be dated for use as needed throughout the school year. Four cover pages are included to allow for a variety of grade range use including preschool, kindergarten, first grade, and second grades.

This is great to save and bind together at the end of the school year. It makes a great keepsake for parents. It is so much fun seeing and showing the students and parents the progress the students made in the different skills throughout the year.

Here are a few of these pages in action. My students had a blast when I called them up to me individually at the end of the year to see their progress since the beginning of the year. I loved seeing their smiles when they saw how much they had learned. Take a look!



Cover pages are available for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade!

                             

This one didn't have much room to improve on coloring, but this student added details by adding the bus driver and student in the seats. Too cute!


This student did an awesome job at the beginning and end of the year, but you can tell at the end of the year that her pictures were smaller and a little more detailed with labels on the drawings. 



 


This student could not write anything at the beginning of the year and told me that she didn't know how to write, but you can see her progress at the end of the year in the photo below.


She wrote: The fair 
"I went to the fair with mama and my cousin and my sisters. My sisters rode on a ride with me. My sisters rode on a ride too. I caught a fake fish. I won a purple tiger. I got cotton candy" (on back). She also wrote 2 or 3 more sentences on the back of her paper. I was so excited to see how far she had come during the school year! 


This shows great writing progress also. Her beginning of the year writing included copying another student's name from their name tag and adding other letters not making sense. You can tell she wrote a story at the end of the year. This is what her story says. "This ladybug is hurt. A rock has hit him. I will take him to the bug store so he can get well." 
That was so cute to me and I love her picture. She said that she had really helped a hurt ladybug. 
Too cute!

Below shows another one for the end of the year. I also took a picture to show how much more she added to her story on the back.  


"One day there was a elephant. He didn't have no friends." (continued on next page)


"Then out of nowhere came a puppy. His name was Pup. The elephant's name was Diego. The elephant said I don't have any friends. Me either said the pup. They had so much fun! The are friends!" 
I thought that story was cute also! 

I hope you had as much fun as I did seeing the progress my students made from the beginning of the year to the end. This makes a great keepsake for the parents. 

You can also get a FREEBIE SAMPLE of this resource by clicking on the photo below!


I hope you have fun seeing the progress in your students. 

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment